What is bulletproof glass?
Bulletproof laminated safety glass, also called bulletproof glass, is a composite product consisting of at least three glass panes of glass joined together using various synthetic binding between layers. The manufacturing is done under such high pressure and temperature that the binding layers weld the various panes of glass permanently.
What are the features of bullet proof glas?
The main feature is that, in case of firing, depending on the composition, the glass meets the test S or NS, and the bullet doesn't pierce the glass. Secondly this kind of glass, unliketempered safety glass, is editable after manufacture. If necessary, it can be cut, drilled or sawed. Furthermore the glassreserves it's looks and value even after a long time, in contrary to certain other "temporary" protections. The identification of eachglass volume by means of its own code is in addition a preventive, psychological deterrent.
What are the advantages of bullet proof glass?
The laminated composite of the glass increases the acoustic value compared to ordinary glass with the same thickness.
The single and laminated edition of the glass increase the thermal comfort.
The usage of coloured foil instead of clear foil improves the visual comfort.
Protection from Ultraviolet Radiation
The folio stops all UV rays and thus protects against discoloration of the exposed.
Precaution at installation
In this area there should specifically be referred to:
More specifically, particular attention to the following technical requirements:
- The single technical specification NBN 23-002
- General frame for the implementation of private buildings
- Technical requirements Part 2 Episode 22. Glass and mirror work in 1982, and any subsequent adjustments
- Minimum requirements for windows because of the mechanical resistance.
- Height and width of the grooves must be sufficiently adapted to the entire glass surface. Illuminated frames are necessary.
- Type of seal products. Neutral silicon.
- Confirmation of the glazing bars.
- Side that should be exposed to the potential shooting.
- Identification number on each window.
- The thickest sheet glass should always be placed along the side of the aggressor.
Because of an increased foil thickness the bullet proof glass can also meet the standards of burglar glass. Nevertheless, do take into account the fact that burglaryproof glass is framed. Bulletproof glass in counters is usually free and is such cases does not respond to the standards regarding burglary-proof glass. It should be taken into account the fact that no composition can be altered, even by increasing the number of foil. If there is, the approval will automatically invalidate.